Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Counting Blessings!

Where to begin. I have had the opportunity of attending the funeral of Henderson Firefighter, Jeffrey David Mann. First of all , WOW!! You know when you see movies and they have the firefighters casket on top of the firetruck and the family, friends, other firefighters all walking behind the truck. Well, that's how they sent him off. I've never witnessed anything like it. Bert took pictures and I hope he posts them, because I didn't have my camera.

During the services I sat and reflected on my life. I must say, the Lord has blessed me tremendously!! My life (and myself) isn't perfect, put that's all part of the plan. It's to prepare ourselves to meet him again. I know my Father in Heaven loves me! Even with all my imperfections and mistakes. I've been blessed to be loved. Loved by my parents, my siblings, my spouse, my children, my friends, etc. Sometimes we each need to look at our lives and be grateful for what we have and who we are. I hope that everyone that reads this blog knows, without a shadow of a doubt, how much I love you!

Also today, I missed my Mom!! I'm having surgery tomorrow for a complete hysterectomy. Yeah I'm a little bit nervous. But it made me think about all the surgeries my Mom endured, especially the last 5 years. I'm extremely grateful for modern medicine that gave us those 5 years with Mom. They weren't easy on anyone, especially her. But we got 5 more years of memories, laughter, special talks & moments. How grateful I am that Heavenly Father provides a plan, a way for us to return to live with him and our families.

So now that I have spilled my guts. I sure hope your doing well, where ever you are and in whatever you are doing. God bless you!! I love you.....Christy

2 comments:

Bert said...

I know exactly how you feel! Isn't it sad that it takes something like losing someone to make us reflect on our own lives. I hope you are feeling ok and that your recovery goes fast. Love you and talk to you later

Jim said...

Hi Buffy. I checked on you through Princess. She said you sounded good and that your spirits were up. You're in my prayers, even way down here in New Zealand! I love you. Get better quick.
Jim