Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Best Family!

Each day seems to be getting better as far as the recovery from surgery goes. Monday, however, I slept a lot. I guess the sleepless night in the hospital had caught up to me. I've started walking, just short little walks. Down to the postal box and back. If I'm really feeling good, I may do a couple walks a day.

As far as my blog title goes, I have the best family! Since the day of my surgery, I have had tons of support from my family. Shane and Dad waited at the hospital and then Bert came to the hospital straight from work. Then Dawn brought us over an AMAZING dinner on Saturday night. YUMMY!! Next Sherry, my Mother-in-law brought us dinner last night. Today while relaxing and watching a video, someone knocked on our door. It was a delivery from Cookies by Design from Jim and Melanie in Texas. Boy, oh boy, sure makes a girl feel good to experience the love and support from her family.

I want you all to know how much our family has appreciated your meals, prayers, love and friendship. Not just during this time, but always. I couldn't have picked a better family to belong to. My siblings and their wives are my best friends!! I love you guys with all my heart!

Dad and Kyle will be down this weekend. Next Tuesday is Russell's and Caroline's wedding. We are all so excited!! Kyle has Spring break next week, so I'm not sure how long he will stay but I'm very excited to have him home with the family.

Tanner is playing volleyball for Basic. He loves this sport sooo much!! Justin is working with the same company. However, he has a super cute girlfriend named Amanda. She's a real cutie pie! Other than that, all is well. Thanks again everyone for all you do for our family!! Love..Christy

1 comment:

Jim said...

so my comment didn't take - I was doing this from New zealand at the time and don't understand why it didn't take. I love you - and I'm glad you're feeling better. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know - Love you - Jim