Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Recovery

On March 5, 2009 I had a complete hysterectomy. I'd been having some problems for a little over a year. There wasn't anything cancerous, but I felt this was the best choice. I was scared at first. But Dad and Shane gave me a wonderful Priesthood blessing and my mind was at ease and I felt at peace.

Everything went really well during the surgery. No complications. So well, as a matter of fact, that I was back home on Friday, March 6. I've got pictures that the doctor took, but wasn't sure if I wanted to post them. They are of my ovaries and the innards. I appreciate all the love and concern, prayers, food, flowers and care that I've received. I'm out of work at least 2 weeks. I'm healing really well.

Hope everyone is doing well and is healthy and happy. Love....Christy

No comments: