Sunday, March 1, 2009

It's a Celebration!!

Today is Sunday and even though it's not the actual birthday of either Bert or Kyle, we are getting together to celebrate their upcoming birthdays. Bert's is actually tomorrow (3/2) and Kyle's is Tuesday(3/3). The milestone for Kyle is that it is his 18th Birthday. Wow how time flies.


I still remember Kyle's birth. It was the easiest of all three births. I actually pulled Kyle out and sat him on my belly. A truly bonding moment. Later that night in the hospital, there was a small earthquake that shook the building. It also happened to be the day of the Rodney King beating (for those of you who remember who Rodney King was). All in all, it was a spectacular day in Spring. Dad is here, Bert and Alisa and Rich and Dawn came over to have homemade pizza and cake. I made a German Chocolate cake and Alisa made a spice cake.

We had so much fun visiting and spending time together. Kyle did his impression of "The Joker" and Rich was laughing so hard I thought he was going to burst a blood vessel. Kyle is very talented. One of his many strengths is making people laugh.

Tanner made the JV Volleyball team for Basic. He is such a gifted athlete. However, he doesn't realize his own potential. I can't believe he will be 17 next month. Justin is working and has a new girlfriend. She is a cutie! He still hasn't gotten his truck fixed yet but that will probably happen this week.

Shane has been very successful and busy selling Real Estate. He has been doing an excellent job of keeping business steady. I will be out for a couple weeks due to a hysterectomy surgery on March 5th. All and all, everyone is happy and healthy. Love to everyone......Christy

2 comments:

Bert said...

It was a fun time and I can't believe that no one got mad! I must be honest and say I was surprised that you actually blogged! Hopefuly in the future we can do more famly stuff. Thank you for sending me video of prophets, truly amazing! Love you and I will be praying for you in your upcoming surgery.

Jim said...

Wish we could all have been there! Happy Birthday Kyle and Bert! Love you.